Omsk fortress

It is a pity, of course, that the walls and defensive ramparts of the Omsk fortress have not survived, but the outbuildings and barracks have survived. All buildings are now in excellent condition, the restoration took place around 2010.

Omsk gate
Omsk gate (eastern city gate of the Omsk fortress). The fortification itself was dismantled as unnecessary, only the outbuildings and this gate were left. And even those were dismantled by stupid Bolsheviks in 1936. Restored in 2011.

Also, overnight in 1959, the Tara gate of the fortress was dismantled, which allegedly spoiled the view from the window of the then first secretary of the Omsk regional committee, E.P. Kolushchinsky (restored in 1991 on the old foundation).

Cannons at the guardhouse



In the historic building guardhouse there is now a military enlistment office, at the entrance there are guns of the 18th century. The oldest surviving building in Omsk (1781-1783).

The first fortress was built in 1716-1717 by Major Aksakov under the leadership of the Swedish artilleryman Kalander.

Resurrection military cathedral
Resurrection military cathedral (built in 1773, restored on the site of the one that was demolished in 2016), city Omsk, st. Spartakovskaya, 3A. FM Dostoevsky prayed in this cathedral when he was in exile in Omsk and wrote about him in the book Notes from the Dead House.

Transport shed
Transport shed, an outbuilding of the Omsk fortress. By decree of Catherine II, the commander of the Siberian lines, Lieutenant-General II Springer, was entrusted with the construction of a new fortress, due to the weak defenses of the old one, which was started on May 2, 1768. The fortress was built as one of the largest structures in the east of the country.

 Museum Omsk Fortress
The building of the museum" Omsk Fortress ", on the left there is a stage and flags - Omsk is getting ready for the city day. Initially it was a kitchen-dining room, but more recently the building was shabby, it's good that it was restored.

Tobolsk Gate
Tobolsk gate of the Omsk fortress (1794 year). The only of the four gates that have survived to this day. The well-fortified Omsk fortress has never been attacked, but played an important role in the history of the conquest of Siberia and Kazakhstan.

Embankment of the Irtysh River
Embankment of the Irtysh River is gorgeous! With benches and a designated lane for cyclists.

Omsk fortress
View of the Omsk fortress from the Tukhachevsky embankment.

From left to right: Arsenal, white building - Cash pantry, Tobolskie Gates, red building bricks on the right - Transport shed.

The arsenal was built in 1841-1849, later the building was used as a weapons workshop. From 1910 it belonged to a rifle regiment. In Soviet times, it was a warehouse.

The cash pantry was built between 1790 and 1793. The author of the project is Timofey Trufanov. The walls are more than a meter thick, in front of the main facade there is a gallery on eight pillars. The cash pantry was intended to store finances and usewas established for these purposes until 1838. In 1902-1904, the building was adapted for the emergency reserve tseichhaus of the 10th Omsk infantry regiment. After 1994, the building was empty. The gallery, which was no longer in existence by the end of 1920, was restored during restoration work in 2010.

The wagon shed of the battalion of the reserve infantry regiment was built in 1902. An architectural monument.

 Benches on the territory of the museum
Benches on the territory of the museum" Omsk fortress" very poor and stupid, although expensive. The authors themselves would sit on such, but preferably in the middle.

Irtysh
Irtysh River, in the distance you can see the bridge to them. 60th anniversary of Victory, on the left is the area Omsk Bolshaya Ostrovka.

Residential building on the territory of the fortress



Looks like in the holy nineties, assholes managed to get permission and build a residential high-rise building (RC "Old Fortress") right inside the fortress. Right and left - barracks of the Omsk fortress. As Omsk residents write about this residential complex: “The place of residence of the bourgeoisie. (Former crooks, bandits and thieves) Now they are businessmen. ”

Other buildings of the fortress that have survived to this day:
Engineering workshop (1843), barracks (1830s), artillery shop (1832).

The site of the Omsk Fortress offers the following tourist route: from the Dostoevsky monument at the intersection of Spartakovskaya and Partizanskaya streets along Partizanskaya to the Irtysh embankment.

Share:

Themes: attractions 133  fortresses 25  Omsk 3  Omsk fortress 1  









Ticket sales through JetRadar.com service without commissions and markups.

← Blog



 

omskaya_krepost
blog



©_© 2005–2021      Please put link, if you use materials of current site.