Churches and temples of Vologda

26 photo with description
Vologda Kremlin
Bishop's Court (Vologda Kremlin). In fact, the historic Vologda Kremlin, built by Ivan the Terrible, was confined to the Vologda River, Zolotukhoi (Mira Street) and fortifications along the modern Oktyabrskaya and Leningradskaya streets. And this is a complex of buildings of the court of Vologda archbishops enclosed with fortifications.

Former Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross



Former Catholic Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (popularly "Polish Church"). Built in 1913 according to the design of architect Joseph Vladimirovich Padlevsky. Nowadays restaurant "Miskolc".

Address: Vologda, Galkinskaya street, 37.

Temple in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God
The temple in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God "On the Swamp" (on the Market), a monument of architecture of federal significance. The stone church on the site of burnt wooden was founded in 1760 .

The temple in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God
Vologda,Torgovaya pl., 6.

River Vologda
River Vologda,October Bridge, in the distance Assumption Church (Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Dmitrievsky parish).

Bank of the river Vologda
The bank of the river Vologda is so overgrown. Only a small part of the embankment near the Vologda Kremlin has been landscaped.

River Vologda
Vologda River,on the left is the Church of St. John Chrysostom .

Churches of Dimitri Prilutsky and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Church of Dimitri Prilutsky and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (built between 1711 and 1759).

Vologda,Embankment of the 6th Army, 119-121.

Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin on the Marketplace
Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin on Torgu,1780,provincial baroque.

Address: Vologda,Torgovaya pl., 8.

Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin on the Marketplace
Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin on Torgu, Vologda,Torgovaya Sq., 8.

Archbishop's Court



Bishop's courtyard, from left to right - the Resurrection Cathedral (behind it is the bell tower of the Sophia Cathedral), the Sophia Cathedral (the oldest structure of Vologda,from the times of Ivan the Terrible), Alexander Nevsky Church (the second historical name is the Church of St. Nicholas the Miracle Worker, which is lime).

Saint Sophia Cathedral was built by order of Tsar Ivan the Terrible in 1568–1570. The original name - Assumption - due to the fact that the cathedral was built in the likeness of the eponymous church of the Moscow Kremlin. The temple was consecrated after the death of the king, although built with him. There is a legend that when regaining the temple, plaster fell on the head of the sovereign, an angry king forbade sanctification of the temple. But, most likely, the reason was that Ivan the Terrible lost interest in Vologda, as the capital of the oprichnina, realizing that the oprichnina is not the most successful version of government.

Temple of Alexander Nevsky
Temple of Alexander Nevsky.

Nike
The sculpture "Nike" (Pallas Athena), part of the composition of the monument to K. N. Batiushkov.

Vologda,Famous mountain. View of the Church of St. John Chrysostom (Mironositskaya Church), built in 1664.

View of the Temple of the Presentation of the Lord
View of the Temple of the Presentation of the Lord (1731 - 1735 built) from the square on the Cathedral Hill.

Chapel in honor of the 2000th anniversary of the birth of Christ
The chapel in honor of the 2000th anniversary of the Nativity of Christ is modern, consecrated on July 7, 2002 .

Vologda,square on the Cathedral Hill.

Painter
View of the Temple of the Presentation of the Lord, he is painted in the picture.

The Church of St. Nicholas on the Hill Golden Crosses
The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker on the Hill "Golden Crosses" of the late XVII - early XVIII centuries.
Closed in 1930 .
Recently, in 2015,it was transferred to the Vologda Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Vologda,st. Burmagin, 17.

Ruins of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker on the Mountain

Gorny Assumption Monastery
Gorny Assumption nunnery,founded in 1590. The Assumption Church and several buildings have survived to the present.

Vologda,st. Burmagin, 19a.

Church of the Presentation of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God
Church of the Presentation of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God (Church of Vladimir the Warm).

District
View of the District and the Church of St. John Chrysostom (Mironositskaya Church). Perhaps the best photo from this trip.

Temple of St. John Chrysostom in the District
Church of St. John Chrysostom (Mironositskaya Church) in the District (Vologda).

 The base of the dome of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker on the Mountain Golden crosses
The foundation of the dome of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker on Mount "Golden Crosses".

Church of the Presentation of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God
Church of the Presentation of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God, popular name "Vladimir cold." Church of the 1760s built, Baroque . Address: October ul., 46b.

Piggy collection of funds for the restoration of temples
Piggy bank raising funds for the restoration of temples.

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Navolok
Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin on Navolok.

Of course, there are more churches in Suzdal and Novgorod,but antiquities are enough in Vologda.

Share:

Themes: attractions 77  autumn 6  churches and cathedrals 16  photos 308  travel 210  Vologda 5  









Ticket sales through JetRadar.com service without commissions and markups.

← Blog



 

tserkvi_i_hrami_vologdi
blog



©_© 2005–2019      Please put link, if you use materials of current site.